Today marks the first day of Passover. MSV would like to extend best wishes to our brothers and sisters who mark this holiday in their calendar.
MILE SQUARE VIEW
Monday, March 29, 2010
City of Hoboken announces:
FLOOD PRONE AREAS OF HOBOKEN
- Observer Highway & Marshall Drive, Harrison Street, & Henderson Street
- Newark Street & Bloomfield Street
- Newark Street & Garden Street
- First Street from Willow Avenue to Clinton Street
- First Street & Harrison Street
- Paterson Plank Road at Marshall Drive and Harrison Street
- Third, Fourth & Fifth streets & Jackson Street
- Fourth Street from Monroe Street to Harrison Street
- Second Street & Harrison Street
- Eighth, Ninth & Tenth streets & Madison Street (area surrounding Shop-Rite)
- Thirteenth Street & Jefferson Street
AREAS FLOODED TODAY (Monday, March 29th)
- Ninth Street & Grand Street
New Jersey Education Commissioner Bret Schundler pictured at the Hoboken Republican Club Lincoln Dinner last night.
The event was the fifth consecutive for the Hoboken group.
Although Commissioner Schundler was not appearing in his official capacity, he spoke at length about education and his remarks were detailed on New Jersey's fiscal challenges along with the educational objectives.
We'll have more later on the speech.
Can't have an annual Lincoln Dinner with the education commissioner in attendance without the local education folks in attendance and they showed up. The dinner a sold out affair is the signature event for the Hoboken Republican Club, now in its fifth consecutive year.
Nathan Brinkman co-host of the event with Peter Morgan, pictured with Frank Raia.
The ever elegant Sean Connelly and a friend, the Corporation Counsel for the former mayor Bret Schundler of Jersey City made some news. He announced over dinner to Da Horsey he intends to run for mayor in Jersey City. Ever the gentleman, he kept offering his seat to late arrivals. We finally convinced him they would find enough seats.
The Lincoln Dinner was a big success with an overflowing house in attendance. Standing left is Bob Bowdon who announced his film "The Cartel" is appearing in Hoboken at the Clearview Cinema for multiple screening April 21st.
More on the speech to come.