LAUNCHES NEW PRESCRIPTION DRUG SAVINGS PROGRAM HOBOKEN
Dawn Zimmer joined Heinz Foundation President Jeffrey Lewis and Financial Marketing Concepts Inc., (FMC) to announce the launch of a new prescription drug discount program.
The new Coast2Coast Rx card will allow all city residents -- regardless of income, age, or health status to participate in the program and save on the cost of their medications. This program has already saved cardholders an average of 45% in 2010 on the cost of prescription drugs. Even pets and family members living outside the city are able to take part in the program. The Rx card will be distributed free of charge and may be used at all pharmacy chains and most independent pharmacies in
and throughout the nation and includes over 60,000 drugs in its formulary. Hoboken
“With healthcare costs on the rise, prescription drug discounts will help ease some of the financial burdens
families are facing at a time when they need it the most,” said Mayor Hoboken Dawn Zimmer.
“There are no eligibility requirements, so the Rx card is expected to have a sizeable impact on uninsured residents, residents facing high insurance deductibles and will allow savings for persons in need of prescriptions not covered by their current plans,” added Jeffrey Lewis.
Providing savings for residents through the Rx program will come at no expense to the City of
or its taxpayers. Besides the discounts on prescriptions, the card also provides 50% to 80% discounts for lab and imaging tests, further helping cardholders save even more money on their healthcare costs for these services. Hoboken
“We are pleased to work with
Hoboken to help individuals, their families and pets combat the rising cost of healthcare,” said Martin Dettelbach, Chief Marketing Officer of Financial Marketing Concepts, Inc., of , the issuer of the Coast2Coast Rx free discount card. “We appreciate all that the City of Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida and local pharmacies are doing to help those in need.” Hoboken
The Coast2Coast Rx card will soon be available for residents to pick up at most participating pharmacies, the Mayor’s office and Clerk’s office in City Hall, the
Multi Service Center, the Housing Authority, the Hoboken library, , and other locations. Residents may also print the Rx card, check their prescription prices and view the nearest participating locations at www.coast2coastrx.com. To print the car, go to the Print Free Card menu button, click on city in the dropdown list, then click on the City of Hoboken University Medical Center . Hoboken
The Coast2Coast Rx card will provide residents with a valuable tool to help maintain their health and wellbeing at an affordable cost.
Features of the card include:
- 59,000+ participating pharmacies including all major chains and most independents
- Over 60,000 drugs included in formulary
- Save up to 65% on a brand name or generic drug
- Overall annual savings range from 30% to 45%
- Card is good for an entire family
- Cardholder pays no fees for the card
- No paperwork to fill out – card is ready to use
- There are no health, age or income restrictions; everyone qualifies
- Card has no expiration date and can be used as often as needed
- Card can be used to fill pet prescriptions at participating pharmacies
- Card is primarily for uninsured although insureds can use the card if they have a high deductible
- Insureds can use the card if their drug isn’t covered by their insurance
- In some instances the card can be used during the Medicare Part D “donut hole.”
- Cardholder information is held confidential and is not used for any other purpose.
- The card includes 50%-80% discounts on lab and imaging tests
Get the latest