HHI, with input from Holdco, decided that since negotiations have been very productive, they would prefer to defer the hearing to discuss the sales agreement until October 4th in a final effort to establish full support for the sale of HUMC.
This delay means that a final closing may be pushed back until October 17th. While it will be a financial challenge, we are confident that the hospital will be able to make it to the finish line.
Once we get to the end of this process, there are encouraging signs that virtually every current employee at HUMC will be there with us. We have just found out that 99 percent of current employees, and more than 90 percent of current union employees at the facility, have already accepted positions with the new buyer.
Here are the data:
- Holdco offered positions to 1,127 current HUMC employees
- Holdco received accepted offers from 1,124 current HUMC employees (99.7%)
- Holdco received non-acceptance of offers from 2 current HUMC employees
- 324 JNESO members at HUMC
- 314 JNESO members applied for positions at Holdco
- 285 JNESO members were offered positions at Holdco (91%)
- 435 1199J members at HUMC
- 432 1199J members applied for positions at Holdco
- 400 1199J members were offered positions at Holdco (93%)