Opportunities For Residents To Assist Recent Fire Victims
On December 17, a fire at a building the corner of Jackson Street and 1st Street displaced five female residents.
Local businesses and residents have organized a benefit event to help raise money and collect needed items for the displaced residents. Residents or local businesses who want to contribute prizes towards the silent auction can contact Rory Chadwick at 201-589-9832 email@example.com. For event details, visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/155319077906618/
There are also several drop off locations where residents can leave clothing (sizes 0 to 10), shoes (sizes 7 to 9.5), sundries, electronics, and other items:
· The Wicked Wolf, 120 Sinatra Drive
· Hudson Family Chiropractic, 51 Newark St Suite #203
· H-Mag - 80 River St Penthouse North
· Midtown Authentic - 728 Washington St Basement
· The Clinton Social – 700 Clinton St
· The Madison Bar & Grill – 1316 Washington St
The owner of the building at corner of Jackson Street and 1st Street has been noticed that they must demolish the building. If the owner does not comply, the City will pursue all options to protect the public safety and quality of life interests of the community.