Dear friends and neighbors,
St. Mary Advocates/Hoboken Thrift Shop at 536 Garden St. provides very inexpensive clothes, toys and other items for citizens of Hoboken who need them. Their proceeds (from sales) are used to support needy organizations and individuals. Items contributed to the Thrift store are tax deductible.
This year they have donated:
- $7000 to Hoboken American Legion Post 107 to help with their construction of a building for homeless veterans
- $5000 for the Hoboken Volunteer Ambulance
- $5000 for HUMC ER privacy screens
- $10000 for local student scholarships in healthcare professions
- $7000 to Shriner’s Children Hospital in Philadelphia
- $1000 to Fight for Autism and $1000 to Friedrich’s Ataxia Research Alliance
All of these funds were generated by the Thrift Store which is staffed by non-paid volunteers. So, next time you are walking by pop in and say hello, give thanks and shop.
It is so refreshing to have an organization in our town, that with little fanfare, does the right thing.