I wanted to update you about a few upcoming events and issues that may interest you:
- Paving on Harrison Street from 4th to Observer starts today (Oct. 16).
- Voter registration deadline is today (Oct. 16) to be able to vote in the upcoming election. If you don’t know if your registration is updated (for example if you recently moved), you can check here. If you do need to update, you can download forms from the site and drop them off at City Hall today by 9pm.
- Southwest Park - Tomorrow night (Oct. 17, 7pm) at the City Council meeting, there will be a presentation which will include the “Interactive Structure” and the new fencing along the northern portion of the park. Dead trees have already been removed and new trees will be planted in the coming weeks. If you cannot join in person, you can watch the presentation on the City’s website or on Facebook Live.
- Coffee with a Cop - On Saturday (Oct. 20) from 930 am - 11am at G Milz Boken Roadhouse, 61 Jackson St. A great opportunity to meet and ask questions of our police in an informal setting. Joining me will be Hoboken Police Chief Ken Ferrante, Captain Gino Jacobelli, Lt. Mike DeTrizio, Sgt. Ed Drishti, and Officer Cynthia Rivera. All residents welcome!
- New Hilton Hotel - Friday, the City Council subcommittee reached an agreement with the Mayor and the developer, KMS (read our joint statement), for the new Hilton hotel. As a result, we have confidence there will be the requisite votes needed for it to pass when the City Council votes tomorrow night (Oct. 16).
Please feel free to reach out to me at any time to discuss any matter that is important to you. And please share this with any of your neighbors who you think might be interested in these updates.
Hoboken City Council, 4th Ward