PSE&G will be beginning underground electric transmission work in Southwest Hoboken that will begin tonight, November 12th and continue through November 20th. According to the City of Hoboken community alert, PSE&G have stated the work will be completed between the hours of 7pm and 5am, Monday thru Friday at the intersections of Newark St. and Grove St. and Newark St. and Madison St.
An HMAG article provided this further information from PSE&G:
- Temporary construction lighting will be installed
- Concrete / pavement breaking will maximize use of saws and minimize use of jackhammers
- Sawing/hammering will be limited to 7-10 p.m.
- Road plates will be installed, to accommodate normal daytime traffic
- Traffic will be rerouted, to allow exit and entry to and from Hoboken for drivers who are traveling after the rush or are simply caught unaware
Obviously this will cause traffic delays but we hope work will be completed in a timely fashion.
Thank you for your patience and please forward this to anyone you think might be affected by this work.
Hoboken City Council, 4th Ward