Dear friends and neighbors,
There are a few important meetings coming up this week that may affect you:
PUBLIC HEARING FOR IMPROVEMENTS TO PUBLIC PARKS
When: Thursday, August 8th at 7PM
Where: City Hall, 94 Washington St. Basement conference room
This hearing will be to collect public input on improvements planned for the following parks city wide:
- Stevens Park: Upgrade dog run surface from gravel to synthetic grass
- Church Square Park: Upgrade dog run surface from gravel to synthetic grass and add drainage along the sidewalk north of the water feature(dolphins)
- Elysian Park: Upgrade play equipment and surface in the 5-12 year old area from poured in place rubber to synthetic grass turf
- Jefferson Park Playground: Upgrade play equipment and surface in the 5-12-year-old area from rubber tiles to synthetic grass turf and add 3 pickleball courts
- 7th and Jackson Park: Add shade sails
If you can't make it and have any questions please send me a text or email.
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
When: Wednesday, August 7th at 7PM
Where: City Hall, 94 Washington St. Council Chambers
There are a few big issues being discussed and voted upon including the following:
- Monarch: Resolution authorizing the City of Hoboken to execute a proposed settlement agreement with the Shipyard Associates, LP.
- New York Waterway: First reading on an Ordinance authorizing the acquisition of 901 Sinatra Drive (former Union Dry Dock) by purchase or condemnation for $13,500,000.
- EScooters: Second reading on an Ordinance that would extend the sidewalk ban for EScooters to the Waterfront Walkway and a resolution from the administration proposing amended contracts with Ojo and Lime Escooter companies.
I want to express a huge thank you to everyone who came out to my Campaign Kick Off event last week at Moran's and in particular to my dear friend and colleague Peter Cunningham who introduced me that night (click here to watch video). It was heartwarming and inspiring to be surrounded by almost 80 friends and neighbors that night in a packed house. Thank you to Len Hehir for being the best host.
If the torrential rain kept you away that night, don't worry, there will be plenty of time to show your support. Right now, if you are a sixth ward resident, you can sign my nominating petition (attached) to help me get on the ballot. Email me and we can arrange for me to come get from you. Please share with your neighbors. Also, if you are interested in volunteering on my campaign, please let me know. As you probably know, elections and campaigns can be a lot of fun and the more is definitely the merrier.
Thank you to those who have already contributed to my campaign and to those who have asked where you can donate online. Just click here:
Hoboken matters so much to me, and all of your support - whether in the past, that night, or in the future - tells me that Hoboken matters to you too.