TEAM BHALLA COUNCIL SLATE UNVEILED
“Taken together, the slate represents the new energy, new ideas and public spiritedness we need on the City Council,” says Ravi Bhalla
Mayor Ravi Bhalla of Hoboken today unveiled his slate of Council candidates for the Fall Ward elections. The Team Bhalla slate of candidates are:
· First Ward: Migdalia Pagan-Milano. Migdalia is a lifelong resident who began working with the community as an assistant in the Cultural Affairs Department for the City for Hoboken. She was instrumental in organizing Hoboken’s first Pride week. Currently, Migdalia works in the newly reconstituted Department of Constituent Affairs where she effectively finds solutions to residents’ day to day issues.
· Second Ward: Nora Martínez DeBenedetto. Nora is a teacher at Kaplan Cooperative Preschool. She coordinates Art in the Park for the City of Hoboken and was a founding member and volunteer organizer of the Hoboken Uptown Farmers Market for ten years. She is also a lifelong resident of Hoboken.
· Fourth Ward: Lisa Sprengle. An attorney, accountant and a mom, Lisa currently works as the Controller for a large New York based company, actively involved in all aspects of the business large and small, including legal, finance, accounting, human resources and even store construction.
· Fifth Ward: Phil Cohen. A long-time community activist who has served on number of City and community boards, including the Zoning Board, Phil currently serves on the Rebuild by Design Citizens Advisory Group and as the Hoboken Democratic Party Chair. He is an attorney.
· Sixth Ward: Cristin Cricco Powell. A noted producer and director of television shows and documentaries, Cristin is an active supporter of the Hoboken Public Education Foundation and of reform candidates for Hoboken School Board. Cristin’s great-grandparents Robert and Raffaela Cricco helped build St. Ann’s Church.