Dr. Zelenko has initial findings after treating approximately 450 or more patients from Monroe, NY where he primarily serves the Hasidic community.
Among Dr. Zelenko's "Battlefield Medicine: findings:
- People under 60 on the whole have immune systems strong enough to defeat the virus
- Triple combination therapy includes hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and vitamin zinc
- Over 60, plus any underlying illness demands quicker treatment to prevent further onset
- Respiratory complications, shortness of breath are severe indicators demanding this therapy
- For those infected and vulnerable, complications to the lungs is of paramount concern
- Outpatient treatment including the most vulnerable is key to avoid limited hospital capability
- This needs to be part of an implemented national strategy up and down.
Dr. Zelenko is planning to publish his findings but due to the critical importance in the national emergency is sharing the key data and combination therapy.
Talking Ed Note: NJ.com reports 140 deaths and more than 11,000 cases and the CDC issued a travel advisory inside the United States for the Tri-State area.
In Hoboken, the mayor Ravi Bhalla announced there are 85 confirmed cases. In addition, all Hoboken parks are officially closed as the City attempts to further limit the spread.
President Trump and his Coronavirus Task Force will host a briefing to the nation at 5:00 pm.
The CDC travel advisory for New York, New Jersey and Connecticut:
Due to extensive community transmission of COVID -19 in the area, CDC urges residents of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut to refrain from non-essential domestic travel for 14 days effective immediately. This Domestic Travel Advisory does not apply to employees of critical infrastructure industries, including but not limited to trucking, public health professionals, financial services, and food supply. These employees of critical infrastructure, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security (https://www.cisa.gov/publication/guidance-essential-critical-infrastructure-workforce), have a special responsibility to maintain normal work schedules. The Governors of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut will have full discretion to implement this Domestic Travel Advisory.